About the Job
BME was just featured on ABC, CBS, Politico, Newsweek, and many more outlets for our vaccination project and we need more people to join us as we continue to solve urgent social issues! CBS News said of our newest app: “Health experts have said friends and family are key to getting those who aren’t vaccinated and experts say this (Vaccination Rewards) app will start those conversations.”
Bright Mind Enrichment is a community wellness 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to helping individuals thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. Our newest project is Vaccination Rewards, a unique tool to help people during the pandemic. We also recently launched a community wellness initiative, Street Care, focused on helping vulnerable populations through our deployable online and on-the-streets outreach program approach. For Street Care, we have developed an app road-mapped to provide volunteers with background context, how-to videos, and interactive functionality — to enable anyone to feel prepared to go out and help homeless people safely and effectively.
Bright Mind Enrichment (BME) is a community wellness organization dedicated to helping individuals thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. We recently launched a community wellness initiative: Street Care focused on helping vulnerable populations through our deployable online and on-the-streets outreach program approach. We have also developed an app road-mapped to provide volunteers with background context, how-to videos, and interactive functionality to deepen our volunteers’ efforts. Aligned to the multi-phased roadmap,
BME seeks technical app support to continue app development and refinement of new mobile app features based on UX/UI designs, bug fixes, and future backlogged enhancements (i.e. Fastlane).
- Android: 2+ years in native mobile development utilizing Android Studio (Android/Java/Kotlin)
- Leveraging a Google Firestore DB backend for dynamic content
- Technologies used – Android Studio; Java, Kotlin, Github, Firestore or equivalent (preferred)
- iOS: 2+ years in native mobile development utilizing SWIFT
- Technologies used – Xcode, Swift, Github, Firestore or equivalent (preferred)
- Flexible for skilled developers. (Typically developers provide 5+ hours of development per week for ~4 months per phase
- 1-hour recurring weekly meeting
You will work closely with BME’s leadership and team and have full support from our diverse teams spanning different industries, including non-profit work and various types of technological experience and expertise.
Community Service Verification Letter for hours volunteered available upon request.
Our diverse team includes: #Consultants, #Volunteers,#Retirees, and #Internships, #Returnship Volunteers, #VisaCandidates (including OPT), #Externships
Current Application for reference: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.bmeapplication1
Current and Future scope of work for mobile (~4 months per phase)
- Phase 1 – Completed
- Phase 2 – 1 provide volunteers with the ability to track volunteer hours; 2 support bi-lingual support between English and Spanish
- Phase 3 – an interactive tool with geofencing capabilities to support homeless people’s needs
- Phase 4 – 1 interactive tool with additional geofencing capabilities to support homeless people’s needs
- Phase 5 – UI/UX improvements on existing volunteer survey
- Phase 6 – 1UI/UX improvements for volunteers on multi log-in options; 2 enhancement of interactive features to aid volunteers and homeless people
[specifics will be shared upon joining project]
To Learn More Contact Us : email@example.com